The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) manager will be responsible for developing and overseeing environmental, social and corporate governance policies and procedures. The incumbent will provide technical expertise on key issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks in the design, preparation, implementation and supervision of ib vogt’s operations and Solar PV Projects under development taking into consideration best industry practices and standards.
- Appraising the environmental, social and human rights impacts and risks of ib vogt projects, primarily against international requirements of e.g. ADB, IFC, ILO, and Equator Principles.
- Defining and agreeing with ib vogt project staff, financing partners and clients on actions required to uphold the requirements of the Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards.
- Contribute to the drafting of sector and thematic guidance notes for further orientation, assistance and interpretation for the application of standards by ib vogt staff and external subcontractors.
- Coordinate and advise on consultancy required work in relation to E&S risks and impacts (onsite and offsite). Lead coordinate and follow up studies on the integration of E&S requirements in impact assessment in collaboration with lenders.
- Support the further advancement of ib vogt’s E&S policies, procedures, and due diligence standards.
- Lead the development, continuous implementation and update of the plans part of the Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS)
- Assist with tender/submission documentation.
- Carry out internal management system and site audits as part of the internal audit team ensuring that any non-conformances/observations raised because of internal and external audits are effectively resolved and closed out in a timely manner.
- Conduct, identify and monitor E&S risk analysis of markets.
- Support in the development and evaluation of ESG reporting and standards and coordination on advancing sustainability within the company.
- Support with internal communication on Sustainability initiatives and CSR activities.
- Support and advise line management in all ESG objectives.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field (e.g. sociology, anthropology, social development practice, environmental studies, development studies, economics or another relevant discipline). Knowledge of main EU and international E&S requirements, practices and guidelines (e.g. circular economy, EU Habitats Directive, World Bank’s EHS Guidelines, Equator Principles, etc.).
- Relevant knowledge of Environmental, Social or ESG Due Diligence is a plus.
- Experience of operating in international environments, including those of developing countries is a plus.
- Exposure to project and/or corporate finance is a plus.
- Demonstrable skills in producing systems, processes, handover documents and manuals.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English; additional languages are a plus.
- Critical and solution-orientated attitude and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently.
- Ability to travel frequently, also to developing countries.
Established in 2002, ib vogt GmbH focuses on developing and delivering high-quality large-scale turnkey PV plants
worldwide. As a manufacturer-independent integrated developer with a strong worldwide network of local
development partners ib vogt provides high-quality turnkey PV plants, designed and engineered in Germany, to
end investors internationally.
Since 2009 the family-owned company has realized plants with a total rated capacity of over 1.15 GWp worldwide.
The company creates business in more than 55 countries, operating internationally from its headquarters in
Berlin, Germany and offices in UK, USA, Australia, Panama, Poland, Spain, India and South East Asia, as well
as several joint ventures across Africa.
We offer you:
- Possibility to work flexibly
- A truly international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- An open-minded, friendly and highly motivated team
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a growing future-oriented industry
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive remuneration