Global HSSE Manager Construction
The new sustainability: want to join a renewable energy pioneer? Our mission is to advance large-scale photovoltaic to meet the growing global demand for clean electricity. Come be a part of our success story!
The Global HSE Manager Construction will report to the Head of EPC and O&M HSSE. The position shall support him in fulfilling his HSE duties. The Global HSE Manager Construction will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of HSE across ib vogt’s construction pipeline, following international standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 as well as Worldbank ESH Guidelines and IFC Performance Standards. This position will provide leadership and coordination for the overall Construction HSE management and the day-to-day HSE requirements in order to fulfil local HSE- and ib vogt´s HSE-Policy requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable HSE regulations and standards across ib vogt’s construction pipeline
- Coordinate with the Corporate ESG department and HSE teams on implementation of the ESMS in construction projects and in operational assets
- Preforming Site HSE inspections as required
- Recording and reporting on construction HSE metrics and KPIs
- Preparing, maintaining and advancing Operational HSE tools, templates, plans etc. in coordination with the Head of EPC and O&M HSSE and the construction management team.
- Supporting during HSE Consultants research and selection
- Identify local construction HSE standards and regulations in countries where ib vogt realises projects
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HSE programs on site
- Develop a Site HSSE Management Plan for the projects to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors, and community.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported promptly
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foremen and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents and accidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary
- Ensure incident and accident corrective actions are followed up on and completed
- Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events
- Act as the point of escalation for local HSSE issues
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field or equivalent working experience.
- Management level HSSE certification ex. NEBOSH
- Fire marshal and first aid training certifications required.
- Minimum 5 years of HSSE supervisory experience in a construction environment.
- Minimum 5 years of HSSE managerial experience
- Knowledge of electrical installations and renewable energy projects
- Knowledge of the solar sector is beneficial
- Knowledge in implementing management systems
- Good Microsoft office and Excel skills.
- English (excellent command), German (desired), Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch (is a plus)
- Analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel and work on the project sites (up to 30%).
- Flexible, positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player, ability to work and support the team
We offer you
- 30 days of holiday
- Possibility to work flexibly
- A truly international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- An open-minded, friendly and highly motivated team
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a growing future-oriented industry
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive remuneration
Interested in joining the team?
Help us power the energy transition