This role reports directly to the Regional Grid Solutions Manager based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Grid Solutions Manager is a hybrid engineering and management role who would manage the engineering and designing organizations of the grid connections for medium to large scale solar projects and have oversight of the effective and efficient execution of grid projects by coordinating with different external stakeholders to develop the project schedules, address technical issues and designs, and to work with internal stakeholders to forecast work and develop a schedule of execution. The scope of works / duties and responsibilities for this role include the following but not limited to:
- Participate in projects from the conceptual phase until operation across the Asia Pacific region.
- Take on engineering and design of grid connections.
- Support the project development with technical expertise during the early stages of projects and new markets across the Asia Pacific region.
- Qualify and manage external engineering consultants.
- Specify and coordinate the technical aspects of tendering interconnection infrastructure projects to sub-contractors.
- Coordinate sub-contractors during design and execution of projects in cooperation with the on-site team across Asia Pacific region.
- Aggregating, managing and producing documentation and information for management, clients, lenders and advisers.
- Meet with utilities and stakeholders within the Asia Pacific region for technical discussions.
- Coordination and communication with third party technical advisors.
- Other ad hoc as assigned.
- Academic degree in the area of electrical engineering, renewable energies or similar with a focus on energy technology.
- Minimum of 5-years of in the related field.
- International experience in the field of grid connection of power plants from medium up to extra-high voltage level.
- Competent use of MS Office applications
- Knowledge in grid compliance studies and usage of simulation software (PowerFactory or PSS/E) are welcome.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn.
- Existing certificates would be an advantage (e.g. SAP, IOSH, NEBOSH, etc.).
- Languages: English is our day-to-day working language.
Established in 2002, ib vogt GmbH focuses on developing and delivering high-quality large-scale turnkey PV plants
worldwide. As a manufacturer-independent integrated developer with a strong worldwide network of local
development partners ib vogt provides high-quality turnkey PV plants, designed and engineered in Germany, to
end investors internationally.
Since 2009 the family-owned company has realized plants with a total rated capacity of over 1.15 GWp worldwide.
The company creates business in more than 55 countries, operating internationally from its headquarters in
Berlin, Germany and offices in UK, USA, Australia, Panama, Poland, Spain, India and South East Asia, as well
as several joint ventures across Africa.
We offer you:
- Possibility to work flexibly
- A truly international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- An open-minded, friendly and highly motivated team
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a growing future-oriented industry
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive remuneration