Land Acquisition Manager
Prague (Czech Republic)
The new sustainability: want to join a renewable energy pioneer? Our mission is to advance large-scale photovoltaics to meet the growing global demand for clean electricity. Come be a part of our success story!
- Active negotiations (in person, email, phone) with landowners in order to secure a contract on the Right of Construction/Land lease/Easement contracts.
- Support Project Developers / Owners obtain land for solar power plant development, as well as administer the land after it has been leased.
- Designing and implementing land acquisition strategies and plans for solar farms development sites.
- Work closely with landowners, local governments, and community organizations to gain support for proposed solar farm projects.
- Travel to the project area to research plot area and landowner information.
- Manage and optimize contract conditions in order to obtain best possible outcome.
- Give presentations and meet with a wide variety of audiences, including public officials, interest groups, and community members.
- Be able to communicate organization’s position clearly and effectively, as well as be able to explain the basics of solar energy, lease term options and other information in a way that different groups of people will understand.
- Coordinate with permitting specialists, lawyers, and other internal experts to ensure that solar farm is built on time and within budget.
- Once the land has been purchased or leased, the land manager will be involved in permitting and may also assist during the permitting process of the full project.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, well-developed interpersonal and management skills
- Must possess a high level of emotional intelligence and empathy. Candidate will be communicating with a vast number of people (farmers, private owners, institutions, etc.) The ideal candidates should understand how to navigate the communication even during difficult situations when they arise.
- Experience in a similar position (energy, project development, permitting processes, negotiations with authorities and representatives of municipalities)
- Proven references in the field of energy infrastructure/logistical hubs/real estate or other big green field projects development is a plus
- Knowledge of legal basics and the ability to lead negotiation of various type of contracts
- Flexible, creative and entrepreneurial, go-getter mindset, positive attitude, able to perform under pressure
- Self-driven and independent work talent, but able to perform in a team as well
- The ideal candidates must have a “stop at nothing” attitude, as it is likely you will hear 1000 “No’s” before hearing a “Yes.”
- Fluent in Czech and English in word and writing
- Driving license B
- Based in Prague and willing to travel around Czechia
We offer you
- Flexible work arrangement.
- Thrive in a global work atmosphere, collaborating with colleagues worldwide.
- Join an open-minded, friendly, and driven team.
- Engage in intriguing and exciting tasks within an expanding, forward-looking industry.
- Exceptional prospects for both professional advancement and personal growth.
- Competitive remuneration.
Interested in joining the team?
Help us power the energy transition