The Analyst provides critical analysis and investment support across our markets in the APAC region. The
role provides financial and technical analysis to in-country development teams on various types of solar
projects, with an additional focus on battery energy storage. The role is based in Kuala Lumpur, sits
within ib vogt’s Portfolio Management Team and requires close coordination within the APAC region as
well as functional divisions (engineering, development, finance, etc.) at the European headquarters.
- Identify battery energy storage opportunities in the APAC region through an established market
- Gain an in-depth understanding of major APAC power markets.
- Monitor market updates e.g. policies/incentives, new market mechanisms and revenue
streams, regulatory changes etc.
- Brief the storage team on new market developments.
- Support storage development activities e.g. bid preparations and other ad-hoc support.
- Contribute to due diligence, investment proposals, develop financial models, contribute to
internal review and approval processes.
- Contribute to portfolio management of investments.
- Contribute to quarterly performance reviews and annual planning processes.
- Support the shareholder representatives in the governance and management of portfolio
companies, joint ventures and/or acquisitions (as applicable).
- Contribute to partnership development and dialogue with corporate, financial, and
governmental stakeholders to accelerate deal origination and enabling policy environments.
- Collaborate with internal partners regarding project development, partnerships, deal
execution, portfolio governance, finance, HSSE et al. across ib vogt.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or related fields.
- Up to 2 years’ experience in the energy sector or related field in the APAC region, with proven
research experience (battery energy storage experience is a plus).
- Extensive experience in financial modelling and financial analysis to ensure commercial project
- Ability to draft investment review documentation such as proposals to the Investment
Committee, including clear and comprehensive analysis of investment and performance
- Experience in building the investment case for utility scale projects, including technical,
financial and other aspects.
- Proactive, creative and flexible to navigate challenges in a new market.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and
- Strong interpersonal, communicative and organizational skills.
- Good skills in MS Office suite.
Established in 2002, ib vogt GmbH focuses on developing and delivering high-quality large-scale turnkey PV plants
worldwide. As a manufacturer-independent integrated developer with a strong worldwide network of local
development partners ib vogt provides high-quality turnkey PV plants, designed and engineered in Germany, to
end investors internationally.
Since 2009 the family-owned company has realized plants with a total rated capacity of over 1.15 GWp worldwide.
The company creates business in more than 55 countries, operating internationally from its headquarters in
Berlin, Germany and offices in UK, USA, Australia, Panama, Poland, Spain, India and South East Asia, as well
as several joint ventures across Africa.
We offer you:
- A competitive and attractive remuneration package.
- Company Group Medical Insurance Coverage.
- Dynamic and diverse work environment with colleagues from around the world.
- A truly international exposure.
- An open-minded and highly motivated team.
- Interesting and challenging tasks.
- Encourage both teamwork and personal responsibility.
- Great opportunities for professional and personal growth.