Your tasks will include:
- Evaluation of various climate data sources and preparation of energy yield simulations (PVsyst) to provide key project performance indicators for commercial project optimization and transaction services
- Leading / participating in site visits during various project phases to identity buildable area, optimize layout design, identify infrastructure crossings, support onsite team, and prepare site assessment reports.
- Preparation of Engineering design packages (Mechanical, Civil and Electrical) for large scale PV projects in various project phases such as conceptualization, planning, tendering and execution
- Preparation of in-house drawings and technical specifications for mechanical, civil, and electrical works to support onsite construction activities (BOM, BOQ, RFP)
- Design of all electrical systems for medium and large-scale PV systems (DC, AC, LV, HV, power flow schemes, communication systems/SCADA, earthing and lightning protection)
- Technical assessment and evaluations of components and preparation of design specifications to aid the project team in component selection and finalization.
- Leading / participating in technical discussions and negotiations with suppliers and clients to finalize project specifications and deliverables.
- Coordination and communication with third party technical advisors and consultants to ensure design compliance to local (country specific) norms and standards
- Leading / participating in technical discussions and negotiations with owner’s engineers and lender’s technical advisors
- Finalization of As-Built documentation together with Onsite Construction Team, assisting Post Construction Management and Asset Management Team
- Leading / supporting Technical Due Diligence of PV projects in different phases such as development, realization, and operation
- Academic degree in the field of Engineering in Renewable Energies, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or similar
- Hands-on experience in solar power plant design preferably in the field of utility-scale projects, with 3 to 7 (Senior) years of experience in renewable energy projects and a minimum of 3 years in solar PV projects (Senior).
- Sound design knowledge in areas of solar plant layouts, civil design, SLD, Power Transmission, System loss calculation, & general electrical requirements of large-scale solar power plants
- In depth knowledge in modules, inverters, cables, transformers, switchgears & relays, earthing & plant protection systems and industry best practices
- In depth knowledge of PV system design (engineering planning), IEC codes and specification according to the project / country specific requirements as per relevant standards.
- Good understanding of techno-economic aspects of solar projects and latest market developments
- Software skills: Mandatory – AutoCAD, PVSyst, MS office Desired – Civil 3D, Helios 3D, QGIS and other tools
- Languages: Fluent English and Spanish
- Pro-active team player with high degree of self-management and problem-solving ability
- You are highly committed, have strong communication & negotiation skills, interpersonal and intercultural competence, positive attitude, enthusiasm to learn, willingness to contribute and travel affinity
ib vogt is firmly committed to supporting the decarbonisation of the global electricity sector. The company focuses on the global development of turnkey PV plants and battery storage projects as well as the expansion of its IPP portfolio. In these areas, the company performs all integral services of the value chain from development, financing, and EPC, to O&M and asset management.
Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, ib vogt has established various offices across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Americas, and Africa as part of its presence in over 40 countries. The company works together with numerous partners globally, augmenting its in-house team of over 700 staff. ib vogt has built or has in construction more than 3 GW of PV power plants globally with a project pipeline of more than 40 GWp.
We offer you:
- 23 days of holiday
- Possibility to work flexibly
- A truly international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- An open-minded, friendly and highly motivated team
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a growing future-oriented industry
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive remuneration