Your tasks will include:
- Analyse and assess the PV Module market to understand and evaluate the business impact of the latest innovations and developments in the industry.
- Assessment of the latest advancements in terms of PV module technologies and manufacturing processes to understand the new challenges associated with the changes in characteristics and parameters of PV Modules.
- Evaluate and understand the new loss mechanisms associated with the development of new PV module technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in Technical Symposiums and Forums to gather information on the latest developments and cutting-edge research in the field of PV modules.
- Manage interfaces with module manufacturers/suppliers, in-house Procurement team and third-party testing laboratories/service providers for qualification of module suppliers/manufacturers.
- Prepare quarterly outlook reports/presentations in collaboration with the Procurement team for briefing the internal teams (Engineering, EPC Projects, Business Development and Portfolio Management) about the latest developments in the PV module industry.
- Review and validation of PAN files provided by Module Suppliers / Manufacturers against Module datasheets and third-party PAN file creation reports.
- Create and maintain a verified PAN file database for the use of the System Design team.
- Research and propose module testing methods/mechanisms to understand the module performance and assure module quality.
- Draft module testing annex in consultation with third-party service providers considering international standards and best practices within the industry
- Frequently review and update the module testing annex to reflect changes in standards/norms and market developments
- Negotiate and agree on module testing annex with individual module suppliers/manufacturers for future projects
- Negotiate with Technical Advisors to define highly reliable, cost-effective and time-optimized testing regimes
- Advise the Procurement / Project Management teams about necessary module testing regimes in order to ensure high-quality modules are delivered to the projects.
- Negotiate with third-party service providers to achieve highly reliable, cost-effective and time-optimized testing regimes
- Initialize Purchase Orders for Module Quality Testing contracts based on production schedules provided by module suppliers/manufacturers
- Review the daily/weekly production monitoring reports provided by the third-party services providers to understand the quality of the modules produced for ib vogt projects.
- Liaise with module suppliers to find out solutions and corrective measures in consultation with third-party service providers to improve/sort out issues during the production process
- Review the Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI) reports provided by the third-party services providers to understand the quality of the modules produced for ib vogt projects.
- Review the Pre-Shipment Testing (PST) reports provided by the third-party services providers to understand the quality of the modules produced for ib vogt projects.
- Continuously update the Project Management teams and the Technical Advisors about the module quality based on the reports provided by the third-party service providers
- Conceptualize and propose pilot/test rigs that can be integrated into current realization projects to evaluate the actual on-site performance of new PV Module Technologies.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the performance of pilot/test rigs in collaboration with the Data Analytics team.
- Preparation of evaluation reports for the management teams detailing the performance of pilot/test rigs.
- Academic degree in the field of Engineering in Renewable Energies, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or similar
- Several years of professional experience preferably in the field of large-scale solar power plants and experience in handling complex projects
- Good knowhow about characteristics of PV power plants and deeper understanding of techno-economic aspects of solar projects and latest market developments
- Excellent knowledge of PVsyst, norms/standards/regulations, and proficiency in MS Office
- Languages: English (native speaker or excellent command). Knowledge of German and/or another European language will be helpful.
Established in 2002, ib vogt GmbH focuses on developing and delivering high-quality large-scale turnkey PV plants
worldwide. As a manufacturer-independent integrated developer with a strong worldwide network of local
development partners ib vogt provides high-quality turnkey PV plants, designed and engineered in Germany, to
end investors internationally.
Since 2009 the family-owned company has realized plants with a total rated capacity of over 1.15 GWp worldwide.
The company creates business in more than 55 countries, operating internationally from its headquarters in
Berlin, Germany and offices in UK, USA, Australia, Panama, Poland, Spain, India and South East Asia, as well
as several joint ventures across Africa.
We offer you:
- 30 days of holiday
- Possibility to work flexibly
- A truly international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- An open-minded, friendly and highly motivated team
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a growing future-oriented industry
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive remuneration